An industry leader for high-tech, automated, environmentally controlled greenhouses, ALPS provides turn-key solutions for facility design, engineering, construction, support, maintenance, security, cultivation and genetics. ALPS also provides consulting and assistance with meeting GACP cultivation and EU GMP certification requirements.
ALPS B.V. is looking for a Crop Consultant to join our Netherlands team. Reporting to the SVP, APIS Crop Consultancy, this individual will provide solutions-based crop consulting services that optimize performance, operational efficiencies, and effectiveness, whilst attaining the highest possible product quality. This is a great opportunity for individuals with a passion for cultivation processes and customer service. The successful candidate will be highly organized, analytical and a strong problem solver; they will focus on building and maintaining strong professional client relationships.
- Partner with clients and provide advice on a wide range of tasks in the growing processes including: cultivar selection, propagation, climate control, irrigation and nutrient management, integrated pest management, crop cultural management and post/ harvest management, drying and curing. Knowledge around post harvest manufacturing and processing of wet and/or dried flower material is desirable but not an absolute requirement
- Meet with clients to support their data acquisition around cultivation, evaluate the crop status and ensure they are able to transform data into actionable measures and improve performance continuously
- Understand client’s business/industry requirements and make recommendations to clients/growers on actions that may need to be taken when issues arise
- Conduct applied research, analyze data around cultivation and prepare research reports
- Develop and deliver client training sessions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge and experience with cultivation practices and a proven history of leveraging that knowledge in a consulting environment
- Advanced understanding and passion for emerging trends in agriculture
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including a metrics-driven approach to decision making
- Strong interpersonal skills, outstanding communication capabilities, and the ability to influence others at all organization levels
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to operate with a solutions approach and identify existing/emerging client needs
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Agriculture, Plant/Biological Sciences, Genetics, or related field
- 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in horticultural-business and/or other related customer service function
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team-based environment
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.